Global Consulting International (GCI) is looking for an experienced, Business Development Lead to join our corporate team.
This is a full-time position that can be performed remotely or in person. Washington DC area preferred, but not required. Salary is negotiable and based upon experience.
Full benefits package offered. Pay negotiable and based on experience.
The BD Lead will find, vet, and lead efforts for bidding on new IDIQ and large government contract opportunities. Once the contracts are awarded, this person will then manage the win.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, but MBA preferred
- Experience working with Dept. of Homeland Security, Dept. of Energy, or Dept. of Defense desired
- 8 – 10 years’ experience working with project and proposal management in the Federal government arena
- PMP certification
- Top Secret clearance preferred, or must have ability to obtain one after employment
- Solid understanding of the federal procurement processes, from requisition to contract enforcement; experience with cradle to grave proposal process, and understanding of subcontracting requirements
- Strong negotiating skills, necessary to promote complex services to sophisticated clients
- Extensive knowledge of the various types of federal government contracts, with expert knowledge and experience with FAR and other agency-specific acquisition regulations
- Should possess the experience to effectively manage federal government contracts and agreements, a positive and enthusiastic personality and the energy, drive and stamina to bring projects to a successful conclusion
- Manage existing Federal government contracts and agreements as a member of a project team to ensure successful performance
- Manage the process from receipt of RFP to award process, to ongoing management of contracts
- Advise and influence leadership on Federal government contract processes, regulations, procedures, strategy, RFP response, and operations enabling the business to grow while limiting risk
- Lead solicitation and PM activities, including kickoff meeting(s) with business unit and sales, developing a solicitation project plan, managing tasks and due dates for stakeholders, updating the RFP tracker, and communicating project status to management
- Strategize with stakeholders, such as business unit and sales leaders to establish appropriate contract vehicles for product offerings
- Lead business development to grow GCI’s government portfolio and associated revenues
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.