Location: Dept. of Homeland Security- ICE (fully remote)
Full Benefits Package Available
Clearance: Secret security clearance, or ability to obtain one, is required
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Justice, or law degree
Required Experience: At least 5 years of experience working with law enforcement, experience in internal and external communications, and 2-3 years of experience in policy and rulemaking. The ideal candidate has previous experience working in a policy position at DHS.
- Responsible for policy planning and development, including performing policy research and analysis on ICE law enforcement and providing policy recommendations.
- Leads stakeholder engagement and analysis related to Body Worn Camera and other law enforcement initiatives and provides policy recommendations for implementation.
- Enables communication channels with ICE senior leadership and law enforcement operators in meetings to address and resolve major controversial policy matters and enabling unifying force in strategic policy making.
- Prepares and disseminates policy statements, correspondence, talking points, briefing materials, press releases (internal and external), and collects data.
- Drafts and critically reviews proposed policies, legislation, and regulations impacting agency wide programs and operations including those involving broad national and international level law enforcement, and internal operational and administrative policy.
- Provides reports on the status of projects and plans resource needs for the projected initiatives.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.