This position can be performed remotely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, engineering, or related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in telecommunications and/or data communications providing support with design and building communication networks, including local area networks (LANs), metropolitan area networks, wide area networks (WANs), and intranets. Experience includes evaluating communication hardware and software; troubleshooting LAN/MAN/WAN and other network related problems; providing technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks; performing general LAN/BAN/WAN administration; providing technical leadership in the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks; and supervising staff and maintenance of systems. Experience includes supervision and/or mentoring of lesser experienced personnel.
- Design IPv4 routing infrastructure using the full range of standard protocols
- Use the full range of switching standards including Spanning Tree Protocol, Link Aggregation Control Protocol, Virtual Port
- Channel and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol to design loop free logical topology and provide fault tolerance and graceful failover
- Use standard IPv4 quality of service/differentiated services to design a multiple service model that can satisfy differing QoS requirements
- Design Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) along with associated Differentiated
- Service (diffserv) and Quality of Service (QoS) to attach one or more Customer Edge (CE) devices to one or more Provider Edge (PE) devices
- Design Ethernet over MPLS (EoMPLS) to encapsulate Ethernet PDUs in MPLS packets and forwarding them across the MPLS network
- Using ANSI/TIA-942 standards, follow requirements for telecommunications infrastructure of data centers and computer rooms, covering all aspects, including infrastructure, site location, architectural, electrical, mechanical, safety and security as needed by system design
- Provide design work for dynamic routing protocols to include Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) v1-3, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) and Intermediate System–Intermediate System (IS-IS)
- Design IPv6 Provider Edge or IPv6 VPN Provider Edge (6PE/VPE) services using existing MPLS IPv4 core infrastructure for IPv6 transport
- Utilize Cisco Locator ID Separation Protocol (LISP) and Group
- Encrypted Transport VPN (GETVPN) as well as IP Service Level Agreement (IP SLA) to simplify routing and improve scalability
- Provide security requirements, design, installation and integration recommendations for network and other security systems as defined above.