This position can be performed remotely.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in Information Technology, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements. Recognized as an expert in Red Hat and CISCO. Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
- Investigate program requirements, perform studies, analyze system and/or equipment performance and submit recommendations for development, upgrades, modifications, or alterations of hardware and/or software as appropriate to improve system operation and enhance security posture in the field environment
- Perform site surveys and deliver survey reports to support the installation of Network Infrastructure, Application and Security Systems
- Recreate scientifically within a laboratory environment an operational environment for local evaluation of field needs. This “modeled” environment may then be manipulated to determine improvements in security posture
- Perform Network Infrastructure, Application and Security System COTS product review and evaluations
- Perform pre-install population, configuration, and testing of systems
- Provide onsite engineering support for the installation and upgrade of Network Infrastructure, Application and Security Systems
- Perform system operation verification test (SOVT) for installed and upgraded systems.
- Provide Tier 3 support for installed network security suites, WAN hardware or software, as well as Application Server support, as required
- Work with DISA and other service providers to connect circuits and implement virtual circuit provisioning across the infrastructure