This position can be performed remotely.
- High School Diploma or GED; certified in accordance with DoD 8570.1 Information Assurance Technician II
- Six (6) years of experience in the support of the prevention of damage to, protection of, and restoration or computers, electronic communications systems, electronic communications services, wire communication, and electronic communication to ensure data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and nonrepudiation; support to include: design secure systems, write secure computer code, and create the tools needed to prevent, detect, mitigate, and reconstitute information systems.
Cybersecurity is the prevention of damage to, protection of, and restoration of computers, electronic communications systems, electronic communications services, wire communication, and electronic communication, including information contained therein, to ensure its availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and nonrepudiation. The Cybersecurity Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Perform tasks to ensure Navy applications, systems, and networks satisfy Federal/DoD/DON/ Navy cybersecurity requirements
- Develop and configure deployment packages for Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Configure, deploy and assess effectiveness of cyber security tools to include Tanium and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)
- Ensure that no production systems are operational on any research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) network.
- Deploy, integrate, and implement IT capabilities
- Migrate all Navy Ashore production systems to the Navy, Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) environment where available
- Work with Government personnel to ensure compliance with all current Navy IT & cybersecurity policies, including those pertaining to Cyber Asset Reduction and Security (CARS)
- Follow SECNAVINST 5239.3C and DoDI 8510.01 prior to integration and implementation of IT solutions or systems
- Register any contractor-owned or contractor-maintained IT systems utilized on task order in the Department of Defense IT Portfolio Registry (DITPR)-DON
- Ensure all IT products and services recommended, procured, and/or developed is compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations Part 1194 – Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility
Standards unless otherwise exempt in accordance with the latest regulation
- Design, Integration, Configuration or Installation of Hardware and Software: Ensure any equipment/system installed or integrated into Navy platform will meet the cybersecurity requirements as specified under DoDI 8500.01. Ensure that any design change, integration change, configuration change, or installation of hardware and software is in accordance with established DoD/DON/Navy cyber directives and does not violate the terms and conditions of the accreditation/authorization issued by the appropriate Accreditation/ Authorization official
- Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Report: Develop, maintain, and submit a monthly CSWF Report (CDRL A008) identifying CSWF individuals who are IA trained and certified. Collect, integrate, and report all subcontractor personnel