This position can be performed remotely.
- Technical Training in Information Technology.
- Eighteen (18) years of hands-on experience with Network Operations to include three (3) of the following five (5) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Data Analysis, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Experience may be achieved simultaneously. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and/or public service (e.g., federal, state, or local) leadership in Information Technology.
- Investigate and troubleshoot network and security components of the NMCI infrastructure
- Utilize the designated configuration management system for the NMCI to make all approved configuration changes to the NMCI and security components
- Configure, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls; Palo Alto firewalls; F5 load balancers/Web application firewalls (WAF); InfoBlox DNS appliances; Citrix NetScaler products; McAfee/SourceFire Intrusion Detection and Prevention products; and Gigamon Packet Brokers
- Document all work performed in support of trouble tickets using the approved NMCI trouble ticketing system
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis in support of the PEO following major degradations in performance or unplanned outages
- Develop and configure deployment packages for Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Configure, deploy, and assess effectiveness of cyber security tools to include Tanium and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)
- Investigate program requirements, perform studies, analyze system and/or equipment performance and submit recommendations for development, upgrades, modifications, or alterations of hardware and/or software as appropriate to improve system operation and enhance security posture in the field environment
- Perform site surveys and deliver survey reports to support the installation of Network Infrastructure, Application and Security Systems
- Recreate scientifically within a laboratory environment an operational environment for local evaluation of field needs. This “modeled” environment may then be manipulated to determine improvements in security posture
- Perform Network Infrastructure, Application and Security System COTS product review and evaluations
- Perform pre-install population, configuration, and testing of systems
- Provide onsite engineering support for the installation and upgrade of Network Infrastructure, Application and Security Systems
- Perform system operation verification test (SOVT) for installed and upgraded systems
- Provide Tier 3 support for installed network security suites, WAN hardware or software, as well as Application Server support, as required
- Work with DISA and other service providers to connect circuits and implement virtual circuit provisioning across the infrastructure