Location: FEMA- Washington DC- this position may require in person work
Job Type: Full Time, government contract position
Full Benefits Package Available
Clearance: Ability to secure, possess, and maintain any clearance required by the government for this position
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Required Experience: Five (5) years of experience in the day-to-day management of information and documents-
- Knowledge of the Robert T. Stafford Act, the National Response Framework, and other documents related to the National/Federal role in responding to natural disasters and other emergencies.
- Knowledge of basic office automation systems, like Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Access) and similar products.
- Effective speaking and writing skills to communicate effectively with staff from FEMA and other agencies, states and local jurisdictions, and the public.
- An understanding of the Six-Step Planning Process
- An understanding of emergency management exercise programs, and principles
- Assist with the development of information papers, briefing materials, and presentations (writing samples will be required in interview process)
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.