Location: Fort Leavenworth, KS
Job Type: Full Time, government contract position. This is the perfect opportunity to translate military experience and skills. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply!
Salary: $85,000 – $93,000/ annually (Hiring bonus offered)
Full Benefits Package Available
Clearance: Secret Clearance is required, but Top Secret is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required, but Master’s is preferred.
- ASOG/ASOS-level experience required, but AFFOR/MAJCOM staff experience desired.
- 3 years AOC (Air Operations Center), ASOG (Air Support Operations Group), or ASOS (Air Support Operations Squadron) experience as operations, planner, mentor, or instructor while assigned to an AOC, ASOG, ASOS or 1 year as ASOG/ASOS Director of Operations or Commander
- 3 years AOC, ASOC/JAGIC (Joint Air-Ground Integration Center) or TACP (Tactical Air Control Party) experience with Air Force TBMCS (Theater Battle Management Core System) and Army Mission Command Systems.
- 3 years AOC, ASOC/JAGIC or TACP experience as operations or plans officer
- Participation in 2 or more AOC/ASOC/TACP Joint exercise as plans or operations officer or as ASOC/JAGIC/TACP representative
AOC/TACP Duty Position:
- In-depth understanding of current AOC, ASOG, ASOS planning, operations, doctrine, and tactics techniques, and procedures.
- Understanding of the duties and functions of Current Operations and Combat Plans Division in theater warfare.
- Familiarity with the capabilities and functions of all AOC divisions.
AOC, ASOC/JAGIC, TACP products/processes/ TTPs:
- In-depth knowledge of current tactics, techniques, and procedures relating to joint planning process, component-level planning processes, development of the Air Operatives Directive (AOD), coordination of kinetic/non-kinetic effects, operational assessment processes, and how these are used to support real-world operations in the AOC, ASOC/JAGIC, and TACP.
AOC TBMCS Systems
- In-depth knowledge of AOC, ASOC, TACP operations and planning tools and models for use in providing commander’s guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) & Adobe Pro in the development of Air Component products (ATO, MAAP, SPINS, ROE, COA briefs, ops assessments)
- Knowledge of Joint exercise construct i.e., Live, Virtual, Constructive. Knowledge of MSEL (Master Scenario Events List) and after-action review assessment processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Det 1 Exercise Plans Contractor will have extensive knowledge of Theater Air Control System (TACS)/Army Air-Ground System (AAGS) at the JTF, Corps and Division levels.
- The Exercise Planner will apply the unique capabilities of the Air Component into the US Army Mission Command Training Program (MCTP) series of Warfighter Exercises.
- The Exercise Plans Contractor will understand, integrate, coordinate and represent the Air Component during the year-long planning/execution cycles for 5+ major multi-echelon (JTF, Corps, Division level) joint complex worldwide events each year.
- The Exercise Plans Contractor will: coordinate processes, products, programs and people in support of ongoing MCTP events; integrate functional specialties represented in the AOC, JACCE, JAGIC, TACP; write and integrate Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) story lines; and coordinate joint air ground integration networks on web-based knowledge management tools.
- The Exercise Plans Contractor will be an Airpower Integration subject matter expert (SME) and facilitate high fidelity air ground integration supporting ongoing Joint Training Transformation Initiatives, Joint National Training Capabilities, Army MCTP exercises and events.
- The Exercise Plans expert will fully understand exercise planning functions, speak to the systems used in the TACS/AAGS and have thorough knowledge of and application for the technical architectures required to make training scenarios and systems work in the MCTP training environment.
- As Air Component Planner(s) supporting AFI 10-251 tasks, the Exercise Plans Contractor will work with senior Army and Air Force leaders, exercise directors, exercise planners from all echelons, exercise controllers and Soldiers and Airmen from the assigned training audience to coordinate for and provide effective air plans, execution and control for all counter-land operations.
- The Exercise Plans Contractor will be proficient with the AOC TBMCS and exercise planning tools currently being used in the operational environment.
- The Exercise Plans Contractor will be required to attend conferences to represent Det 1 and Air Component/AOC replication and to coordinate on exercise construct issues with joint MCTP exercise planners.
- The Exercise Plans Contractor may be positioned forward with the training audience during event execution to liaise with and represent the AOC, JACCE, ASOC/JAGIC and TACP and to work closely with the Det 1 EXCON Chief as well as the Chief of Air Power (CAP).
- The Exercise Plans Contractor will receive daily guidance from the acting CAP and CFACC and be able to articulate command intent. This guidance will then be distributed to the MCTP air ground integration team as well as the AOC response cell to facilitate full Air Component integration.
- Interaction with General Officers on a regular basis will be required.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.