Location: Department of Energy, Washington DC
Job Type: Temporary position (3 months)
- In accordance with Federal Government contracts, applicants must have the ability to obtain the necessary background clearance.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent
Experience: Experience effectively and efficiently implementing facility and logistic requirements and providing logistical support for staff, including facilitating office and user moves. Must have excellent basic computer skills.
TYPE OF WORK
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Accuracy, efficiency, attention to detail, timeliness, and the ability to understand and follow sequential processes.
- Inventory and relocate external peripheral devices (i.e., docking stations, monitors, mouse, keyboards, printers, etc.) and associated electrical cords/connecting devices from approximately 350-400 offices/work stations to a designated consolidation point. Electrical cords are to be secured to each piece of equipment by tape. Note: carts will be provided by the agency for this task and no computers are involved.
- Perform a room-to-room collection of brown paper burn bags containing sensitive material and transport collected burn bags to the DOE Headquarters designated drop off point.
- Perform key verification and tagging for vacated office space.
- Assist the Contract Facilities/Logistics Support Specialist with the relocation of furniture and/or packing and labeling office contents into boxes for movement between offices. This task will involve relocating boxes as necessary and/or providing directions to movers to ensure furniture/boxes are relocated to the appropriate office location as directed. Breakdown boxes after use, remove labels and stack boxes as directed.
- Inspect and clean approximately 350-400 offices/work stations to remove all material, including trash, except non-wheel-equipped furniture.
- Relocate wheel-equipped furniture (such as chairs, rolling cabinets, etc.) as directed.
- Organize and collect usable office supplies from offices/work stations and transport to the Headquarters supply store or other location as directed.
- As directed, conduct physical inventories of telephone equipment by serial number and location.
- Comprehend complex office floor plans and moving instructions.
- Clearly communicate with the Contract Facilities/Logistics Support Specialist and Project Manager the status of vacated office space.
- Other tasks that arise to ensure the successful accomplishment of EIA’s space reconfiguration project.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.