Job Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Paid Holidays: 11 paid Federal Holidays
Vacation: Two weeks vacation & 56 hours of paid sick leave, per SCA Guidelines
- In accordance with DoD contract, employees must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Education: High School graduate with courses in typing, office procedures, and business, English, or equivalent business or vocational school courses.
Experience: 2 years of general office and computer experience.
- Ability to deal with patients in a courteous and effective manner whether in person or by telephone.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members, the OMS patients, and HAFB personnel.
- Knowledge of the OMS Medical record filing directions
- Knowledge of urgent and emergent care needed as HAFB employees come into the clinic for care.
- Knowledge of the HIPAA and Privacy Act laws and regulations as working, talking, and being in the open medical records room with patients around at all times.
TYPE OF WORK
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Pull all medical records prior to appointment time, except for walk-in patients.
- Review the medical record for correct sequence and filing prior to appointment time.
- Update the AF 1480 in the medical record for audio patients from the questionnaire employee filled out at the time of the appointment.
- Review medical records prior to filing to ensure all components of the examination have been completed and are filed IAW 75 MDG instruction and SGPO OI 75-1.
- Copy medical records as requested by HAFB employees.
- Keep accountability and availability for medical records IAW AF instructions and SGPO OI 75-1.
- Request retired medical records from the National Personnel Records Center, St. Louis, MO as needed.
- Answer all telephone questions or transfer as t-cons as necessary. Potential questions may be related to the annual influenza program, changes of schedules, requests for refills, or supervisors asking if their employee had actually been seen in the clinic.
- Establishes and assembles medical records IAW AF instructions and SGPO OI 75-1.
- Assures all forms used in the OMS clinic have been approved per ECOMS and have an MDG number.
- Assures questionnaires, OSHA 301s, and other paperwork is completed on both sides for the employee’s appointment.
- Assures the provider has filled out his/her portion of the forms prior to patient leaving the OMS clinic.
- Assures employee has signed the bottom of the RTW form.
- Assures all the correct paperwork has been placed in the packets by the Scheduler and Pre-placement MRC and correct as needed.
- Fax requests for records and follow up to assure reception of same requested records for the providers.
- Maintain the parking lot list for BEE for anyone who parked in our lot signs in so a parking ticket will not be written.
- Compile a list of security screenings requested from AF 2583 HAFB units.
- Assure medical records are pulled for the OMS Staff RN to review.
- Return the screening forms to the units within the 10 working day timeline.
- Maintain watch on the monitoring equipment at the entryways of building 249.
- Complete the annual 100% medical record review using medical record list printed from GENESIS.
- Ability to cover for all duties of the scheduler MRC.
- Ability to cover for all duties of the pre-placement/comparison MRC.
- Assists orientation of new personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by the RN Supervisor.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.