Location: Ohio Army National Guard- Columbus, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday, unless specified otherwise. Hours are expected to be 7:30am – 4:00pm. 40 hours per week. Flexibility with working schedule is mandatory as it impacts the ability to support and serve military families.
Paid Holidays: 11 Federal Holidays
Vacation: Two weeks’ vacation & 56 hours paid sick leave, Per SCA Guidelines
- In accordance with DoD contract, candidates must be able to obtain the necessary clearance for the position.
Education: Minimum qualifications are a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Direct Service Social Worker as Non-clinical Case Manager with current Ohio Credentials, or a person with a bachelor’s degree in a Health related field and one year experience.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience. Prior experience working with military personnel is desired but not required.
English Language Requirement: Personnel shall read, understand, speak and write English well with demonstrated organization, facilitation and communication skills.
Knowledge: The non-clinical case manager requires the expertise and application of substantial specialized knowledge and skills derived from the biological, physical, and behavioral sciences, to the care, treatment, counsel, and health teaching of individuals who are experiencing changes in the normal health processes or who require assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or management of illness, injury, or disability.
TYPE OF WORK
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all duties of the Case Coordinator position, as needed/required.
- Supervises and monitors the performance assigned case coordinators.
- Responsible for tracking medical status of ALL assigned SMs.
- Manage SM’s care from the identification of the condition to when the SM is either:
- Considered medically ready.
- Administratively separated from the military.
- Submit case processing, medical documentation, and profile concerns to military/contacted provider within 3 business days of receipt. Drafts temporary profiles in Healthcare Portal for Medical Provider.
- Attend Guard Your Future/Medical Readiness Events for assigned units. 40 GYF/MRE dates per year (200-320) Soldiers per day and 8 SRP MRE Premobilization Events for FY 21 (avg 200 soldiers per day). This breakdown into between 9-15 events per Case Manager depending on Brigade assignment. Provide Case Management services during each event.
- Prepare cases for and participate in monthly review of all open case files with Lead Case Manager/ Deputy State Surgeon (DSS)/BDE MRNCO.
- Log in eCase all contact with SM (email, voice call, personal interview, receipt of records, case review results, etc.)
- Communicate with delegated Government personnel (at a minimum with BN and BDE MRNCOs, Unit RNCOs, full time medical providers, and Health Services Division personnel, to track compliance versus noncompliance.
- Report Medical Readiness to the Commander or his/her designated representative. Educate SMs and Commanders on resources available to improve medical and dental readiness.
- Communicate with SMs treating provider, as needed, to gain clarification or additional information needed to manage the case.
- Communicate directly with SM, as needed, to provide clarification/updates to the service member’s Individual Medical Action Plan (IMAP)
- Coordinate with military provider to ensure that each case has a detailed IMAP. IMAP will be communicated directly to the Service Member, BDE/BN MRNCO and Unit of Assignment. IMAP will be clearly identified in all systems of record (eCase), as well as personal tracking mechanisms. IMAP will be updated upon monthly case review or as needed.
- Perform other duties related to the Medical Readiness of Ohio Army National Guard Personnel, as needed/required.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.