Project Manager

Job Title: Project Manager

Summary: GCI is looking to hire someone for our corporate office as a Project Management Professional who will spend 80% of their time as a billable Project Manager on a current Federal Emergency Management Agency contract working with the NBEOC (National Business Emergency Operations Center). The remaining 20% of this position will include oversight of various projects for GCI as well as interaction with the business development department. Position has room to grow and expand with the company.

In order to fulfill the requirements for the FEMA contract, candidates must have experience in managing government contracts with multiple years in a supervisory position, managing a minimum of 5 staff and reflecting increasing levels of responsibility. The Project Manager will be the single point of contact for the contracting officer and the COR.


  • 5 years of experience leading and directing an interdisciplinary project with experience similar in scope to the following, project planning; budgeting and cost monitoring; quality surveillance and problem resolution; on schedule delivery of products and services, and activity status reporting; and staff recruiting, hiring, and development. Such experience must include leading and directing multiple complex task orders.
  • 5 years of project management experience on federal government contracts
  • Extensive knowledge of the administrative policies of their employer and the Federal Acquisitions Regulations and the federal government budgeting process.
  • Ability to work and effectively communicate with the wide range of expected participants on this contract; including Contracting Officer’s Representative, technical managers, and subcontractor task managers, staff, and others.
  • Ability to assemble and lead the full range of technical and administrative staff necessary to accomplish the full spectrum of work to be performed under this contract.
  • Demonstrated ability to approach projects with a focus toward process-improvement and introducing innovative solutions.

Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study directly applicable to the objectives of the FEMA contract and a Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.

Clearance: Secret Clearance or ability to obtain and maintain one. (Top Secret preferred)


Full Benefits Package Offered.


GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.  GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.

Upload your CV/resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 50 MB.

Share This Job: